Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /sata1/home/users/ifportal/www/www.rtic.if.ua/en/modules/system.php on line 5
Regional Tourist Information Centre (RTIC) - a nonprofit organization created in 2003 by the Association for Economic Development of Ivano-Frankivsk, Ivano-Frankivsk regional organization of the Union to promote green tourism in Ukraine and Carpathian Tourism Board with support of Ivano-Frankivsk regional state administration, Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Council and the Eurasia Foundation within the project “Formation of informational environment for tourism industry in Ivano-Frankivsk region via creation of the regional tourist information center”.
RTIC operates in Ivano-Frankivsk Ratusha: Galytska Str., 4a.
RTIC purpose - to support the development and marketing of tourism in the Carpathian region of Ukraine in general and Ivano-Frankivsk region in particular.
Since its creation RTIC has been involved in a number of projects (see Projects RTIC section), as well as participated in edition of booklets with information about Ivano-Frankivsk Art Museum, Museum “Boykovschina” in Dolyna city, the tourist guide about Yaremche district, booklet with information on some travel wonders of the Carpathians.
In addition, RTIC actively participates in the categorization of rural households engaged in green rural tourism.
A significant part of the organization is to represent interests of its members at exhibitions in Ukraine and abroad (Moscow, Opole, Berlin). RTIC has also established the cooperation with similar organizations in Poland and Romania.
About 30 students annually have their internship at the center.
During 2005-2009 RTIC has been organizing the annual festival of handcrafts "Carpathian Vernissage", held in September in Ivano-Frankivsk at the Sheptytsky square.
Today, visitors can take advantage of RTIC database that contains over 3500 addresses of organizations and institutions of the tourism industry (accommodation, food, culture, transport, insurance, etc.).
RTIC is open daily from 10:00 to 16:00. Days off – Saturday and Sunday.
For disposal of media, tourist organizations, cultural institutions and all RTIC partners there is equipped meeting room for 40 persons interested in regional studies, and educational and tourist literature.
The RTIC activities are based on Ivano-Frankivsk Tourism Development and Marketing Strategy till 2015 and the Regional Program of Tourism Development for 2009-2010, as well as the Presidential Decree of 21 February 2007, which provides a network of tourist information centers in the state.
RTIC implements its statutory objectives, which is the assurance of functioning and development of regional tourism information system in the region, the country and abroad.
RTIC - as a regional tourist information (TI) system administrator encourages the development of this system. The tasks RTIC in the way include:
- Determination of areas and prepare action plans of tourist organizations;
- Monitoring System "TI" and improve her work;
- Determination of criteria for standardization of equipment and established pieces of "TI";
- Determination of standard information such as:
- way of accumulation, processing, selection, validation, access to information;
- standards for recording database;
- processing and classification of information obtained;
- providing of the information to centers and foreign missions, which cooperate in the promotion of tourism;
- providing of the information to tour operators and the media;
- relief (providing) access to information Ukrainian organizers inbound tourism;
- doing Internet service of tourist information and promotion of the region.