Program of the Blacksmith Festival – 2012
May 4, 2012 Ivano-Frankivsk
9.00 – 18.00 Sheptytskyi Square and Bastion Square near the “Naukove” café (Nyzova Str. 3b).
• Registration of guests and participants*.
• Demonstration of forging, and a market of forged things. Construction of a memorial sign “From Time Immemorial” by Ukrainian blacksmiths and foreign guests. The blacksmiths are asked to make a bell (size 8 to 15 cm) or to produce a pattern on a piece (length/width/depth – 10cm/10cm/1cm) on the topic “From Time Immemorial”.
• Blacksmiths from Austria, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Russia, Poland, the USA, Finland, the Czech Republic, Sweden, and other countries will demonstrate their skills.
10.00 – Opening of the exhibition “Blacksmith Constellation” in the Regional Museum of Art, Sheptytskyi Square
11.00 – Formal opening of the Blacksmith Festival – 2012.
11.30 – Unveiling of the composition “Arch to commemorate the 350th anniversary of Ivano-Frankivsk” created in 2011, Sheptytskyi Square - Nyzova Str.
18.00 – Conference and presentations of the blacksmiths (Nadia Hotel, Nezalezhnosti Str., 67).
People who will make speeches:
- Heiner Zimmermann (Germany). Keynote (about my work).
- Roger Lund (Sweden). Industrial forging (video).
- Bohdan Popov (Transcarpathian region, Ukraine). “Light forging. Combination of ecology and forging into a single thing”.
20.00-22.00 – buffet. Nadia Hotel.
May 5, 2012
9.00 – 17.00 - Sheptytskyi Square and Bastion Square near the “Naukove” café (Nyzova Str. 3b).
Demonstration of forging, and a market of forged things. Construction of a memorial sign “From Time Immemorial” by Ukrainian blacksmiths and foreign guests.
10.00-12.00 Bohdan Popov (Transcarpathian region, Ukraine). “Forging welding of steel blades on tools”.
12.00 – 14.00 – Lecture by Heiner Zimmermann “Blacksmith’s work: Blessing or curse”. Critical presentation about the society’s attitude to us (blacksmiths) and how we can improve this image. (the “Bastion” Gallery).
18.00 – Party “Cuisine of Blacksmiths”, entrance with invitations**
May 6, 2012
10.00 – Opening of the 11th international exhibition “Ornamental Forging”, the “Bastion” Gallery.
Awarding of the nominees and honouring of the best works of the festival. Closing of the festival.
Departure to excursions.