Відкритий туризм: доступність відпочинку на Івано-Франківщині для людей з особливими потребами

Музейне Коло Прикарпаття









Natural complex «Dovbush’s Rocks »


Address:

Bubnyshche village, Bolekhiv city council,

Ivano-Frankivsk region

Description:

 

The largest by area and height sandstones rock massif in the Carpathians

 

The nature monument of national value is located at an altitude of 600 m above sea level on the area of ​​100 hectares. The mysterious piles of sandy rocks up to 50 m high were formed 70 million years ago at the bottom of a warm sea. The stone labyrinth in the beech forest, 200 m wide, extends from east to west for almost 1 km. These steep rocks serve now as a place of training and competitions for climbers and alpinists. Ivan Franko often visited Dovbush rocks, and his son Taras, studying the rocks history, objected the scientists’ assumption about existing of the pagan temples here. After the spread of Christianity in the Carpathians the cave monasteries-cells, and then – patrol fortresses appeared in such places, where the local residents hided during Mongol-Tatar invasion. In 1744 the Carpathian opryshkies (warriors of national liberation movement) came here during a march to Drohobych under the command of Oleksa Dovbush, after whom the rocks have been named. A few caves of clear geometric forms and flat surface were punched in the rock "walls". They were used as a lounge, storage rooms, stables. There is a clear image of a lion’s head on the wall right to the caves.



Additional photos





Halytska str., 4A,
Ivano-Frankivsk
phone/fax +380 342 502474
e-mail: rtic.if.ua@gmail.com

www.tourism-carpathian.com.ua
www.tourism.if.ua
RayCMS 0.1
Errors:
Logz writed:
Generation time: 0.112sec