The biggest (by the water and height) continuous waterfall in the Carpathians.
The hydrological natural monument Maniava waterfall is located at the upper part of Maniavka river at a distance of 3,5 km far from the Maniava village. It falls down by two water flows from the height of almost 20 meters.
The riverbed below the waterfall forms a stone canyon with rocks height up to 20 meters. There is a small lake at the place where the water falls. At any air temperature, even at hot weather, the water is always cool here. There are fir-beech forests around the waterfall - therefore one breathes easily and with pleasure here.
The waterfall happens to be rough after downpours and flooding, deep in the spring and during the rainy period, covered with ice chimeras in the winter - it always surprises by its uniqueness and magic that leads to return here again and again.
Dear tourists! Protect the nature!
We kindly ask you:
- do not inscribe at trees, stones;
- do not make excessive noise;
- do not pluck and trample flowers;
- do not hack trees, do not damage tree crowns and trunks, do not break branches;
- do not destroy bird nests, anthills;
- do not hunt, catch birds, insects and other fauna;
- do not muddy drinking water sources;
- do not break bottles or other glass;
- do not litter and pollute the territory of the Reserve;
- do not break ground cover;