Відкритий туризм: доступність відпочинку на Івано-Франківщині для людей з особливими потребами

Музейне Коло Прикарпаття

Church of Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculate Conception


Volodymyr Velykyi Str., 1

Horodenka, Ivano-Frankivsk region.



The first on our land creature of Bernard Meretin, famous Italian architect


The construction of large Roman Catholic church and Theatines order’s Missionaries Monastery was started in 1743 in Horodenka at cost of Mykola Pototsky, voevode of Belz and village head of Kanev. The construction was completed and the temple was consecrated on July 2, 1760. The Missionaries had owned the temple till 1763, afterwards the Church became parochial.  

The сhurch in Horodenka became the first on our land creature of Bernard Meretin, famous Italian architect, who cooperated with talented sculptor Johann Georg Pinsel for its construction. Such famous architectural ensembles as St. George's Cathedral in Lviv (1744-1761) and City-hall in Buchach (1751) are their common creatures.   

The temple in Horodenka was built in the best traditions of Bavarian-Austrian-Czech and Italian architectural schools. It is one of the most beautiful buildings of late Baroque style in Ukraine and Central Europe.

Additional information:

TIC “Dnister canyon”/”Dnistrovsky Canyon”

Volodymyr Velykyi Str., Horodenka

tel.: +38 03430 22900, +38 0678116147


Additional photos

Halytska str., 4A,
phone/fax +380 342 502474
e-mail: rtic.if.ua@gmail.com

RayCMS 0.1
Logz writed:
Generation time: 0.114sec